How to lose weight fast: 3 simple steps
There are many ways to lose a lot of weight fast. However, most of them will make you hungry and unsatisfied. If you don’t have iron willpower, then hunger will cause you to give up on these plans quickly. The article How to lose weight fast, will give you the best possible ways to lose your weight.
How to lose weight fast
The plan outlined here will:
– Reduce your appetite significantly.
– Make you lose weight quickly, without hunger.
– Improve your metabolic health at the same time.
– Here is a simple 3-step plan to lose weight fast.
1. Cut Back on Sugars and Starches
The most important part is to cut back on sugars and starches (carbs). These are the foods that stimulate secretion of insulin the most. If you didn’t know already, insulin is the main fat storage hormone in the body. When insulin goes down, fat has an easier time getting out of the fat stores and the body starts burning fats instead of carbs.
Another benefit of lowering insulin is that your kidneys shed excess sodium and water out of your body, which reduces bloat and unnecessary water weight (1, 2). It is not uncommon to lose up to 10 pounds (sometimes more) in the first week of eating this way, both body fat and water weight.
2. Eat Protein, Fat and Vegetables
Each one of your meals should include a protein source, a fat source and low-carb vegetables. Constructing your meals in this way will automatically bring your carb intake into the recommended range of 20-50 grams per day.
1. Meat – Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, bacon, etc.
2. Fish and Seafood – Salmon, trout, shrimps, lobsters, etc.
3. Eggs – Omega-3 enriched or pastured eggs are best.
The importance of eating plenty of protein can not be overstated. This has been shown to boost metabolism by 80 to 100 calories per day.
High protein diets can also reduce obsessive thoughts about food by 60%, reduce desire for late-night snacking by half, and make you so full that you automatically eat 441 fewer calories per day… just by adding protein to your diet. When it comes to losing weight, protein is the king of nutrients. Period.
5. Brussels Sprouts
7. Swiss Chard
Don’t be afraid to load your plate with these low-carb vegetables. You can eat massive amounts of them without going over 20-50 net carbs per day. A diet based on meat and vegetables contains all the fiber, vitamins and minerals you need to be healthy. There is no physiological need for grains in the diet.
1. Olive oil
2. Coconut oil
3. Avocado oil
Eat 2-3 meals per day. If you find yourself hungry in the afternoon, add a 4th meal. Don’t be afraid of eating fat, trying to do both low-carb and low-fat at the same time is a recipe for failure. It will make you feel miserable and abandon the plan.
3. Lift Weights 3 Times Per Week
You don’t need to exercise to lose weight on this plan, but it is recommended. The best option is to go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Do a warm up, lift weights, then stretch. If you’re new to the gym, ask a trainer for some advice. By lifting weights, you will burn a few calories and prevent your metabolism from slowing down, which is a common side effect of losing weight.
Studies on low-carb diets show that you can even gain a bit of muscle while losing significant amounts of body fat. If lifting weights is not an option for you, then doing some easier cardio workouts like running, jogging, swimming or walking will suffice.
Do a “Carb Re-feed” Once Per Week
You can take one day “off” per week where you eat more carbs. Many people prefer Saturday. It is important to try to stick to healthier carb sources like oats, rice, quinoa, potatoes, sweet potatoes, fruits, etc.
But only this one higher carb day, if you start doing it more often than once per week then you’re not going to see much success on this plan. If you must have a cheat meal and eat something unhealthy, then do it on this day.
Be aware that cheat meals or carb refeeds are NOT necessary, but they can up-regulate some fat burning hormones like leptin and thyroid hormones. You will gain some weight during your re-feed day, but most of it will be water weight and you will lose it again in the next 1-2 days.
How About Calories and Portion Control?
It is NOT necessary to count calories as long as you keep the carbs very low and stick to protein, fat and low-carb vegetables. In order to get more answers of How to lose weight fast, then there are great apps available in the market.
There are many great tools you can use to track the amount of calories you are eating. Here is a list of 5 calorie counters that are free and easy to use.
1. MyFitnessPal – Website | iPhone App | Android App
2. Lose It! – Website | iPhone App | Android App
3. FatSecret – Website | iPhone App | Android App
4. Cron-o-meter – Website | iPhone App | Android App
5. SparkPeople – Website | iPhone App | Android App
The main goal is to keep carbs under 20-50 grams per day and get the rest of your calories from protein and fat.
10 Weight Loss Tips to Make Things Easier and Faster
Below are 10 more tips to lose weight even faster:
1. Eat a high-protein breakfast: Eating a high-protein breakfast has been shown to reduce cravings and calorie intake throughout the day.
2. Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice: These are the most fattening things you can put into your body, and avoiding them can help you lose weight.
3. Drink water a half hour before meals: One study showed that drinking water a half hour before meals increased weight loss by 44% over 3 months.
4. Choose weight loss-friendly foods: Certain foods are very useful for losing fat. Here is a list of the 20 most weight loss-friendly foods on earth.
5. Eat soluble fiber: Studies show that soluble fibers may reduce fat, especially in the belly area. Fiber supplements like glucomannan can also help.
6. Drink coffee or tea: If you’re a coffee or tea drinker, then drink as much as you want as the caffeine in them can boost your metabolism by 3-11%.
7. Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods: Base most of your diet on whole foods. They are healthier, more filling and much less likely to cause overeating.
8. Eat your food slowly: Fast eaters gain more weight over time. Eating slowly makes you feel more full and boosts weight-reducing hormones.
9. Use smaller plates: Studies show that people automatically eat less when they use smaller plates. Strange, but it works.
10. Get a good sleep every night: Poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for weight gain, so taking care of your sleep is important.
Finally I hope the article How to lose weight fast: 3 simple steps has given you the best possible tips to lose weight.
Also Read: Top 10 Health Benefits of drinking coffee